• He was an Arabian traveller who went through India and wrote his book Najhjul-Mushtaqdescribing the Rashtrakuta, Chola, Chalukya and other Rajput States.
• He gave important information about commercial ties of India with China and Persia.
• He divided the Indian society in seven sections such as Kulin, Brahmins, Soldiers, Peasants, Craftsmen, Musicians and Entertainers.
• He was an Arabian scholar.
• He gave important information about the religious faith, traditions, trade and commerce during the Rajput period of India, in his book Tarikh-i-Masudi.